Tuesday, December 6, 2016

That Sorry Last Blade

Image result for dollar razor club ad

Deconstruction:
  • Medium: Digital
  • Materials: 1s & 0s and pixels
  • Subject Matter: The subject of this image is razor blades.
  • Aesthetic Qualities: This image neither sublime nor beautiful, but I guess it's more on the sublime side because it's gross.
  • Composition: The focal point of this image is the crusty blade.
  • Gesture: The blade is all used up and if it were a human, it'd resemble me during finals week.
  • Formal Elements: The ad looks like it belongs in an Archer show, which probably appeals to the young, 20-something year olds that can only afford $1 razors, and milk that sorry last blade.
  • Lighting: The image is pretty light. Even the wood in the back is a light brown.
  • Dimension: The blade is pretty small in comparison to the text above it, and the Company's info is relatively small compared to everything else.
  • Location: This image was found on the internet, and probably is mostly used there.
  • Display: This image is really funny and definitely gets at its target audience.
    Response:
    This image resonated with me, because I definitely know that I mostly use cheap razors because I can't afford to buy the good stuff, and usually hold onto them until my mom throws them out.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment